Motorcycle covers are an essential piece of equipment if you are a biker. A cover will protect your bike from bad weather such as rain and snow, and it will also keep it sheltered from the sun when outside and not in use. It also keeps dirt and dust away from your motorcycle, which is also why a one-time expense on a motorcycle cover is an excellent buy for those who dislike washing their vehicles too often. You can choose to purchase either a full-size cover or a half cover. Half covers only cover the area of the bike where the seat, engine, and handle are, and leaves the rest of the motorcycle including the wheels uncovered. Full-size motorcycle covers conceal the entire bike, including the wheels, handles, mirrors, etc. Nelson-Rigg, Dowco, and Formosa Covers Company are the top brands from whom you may purchase a motorcycle cover.
Key Features Of Motorcycle Covers:
- The covers are waterproof, built to protect motorcycles from gathering moisture but allowing it to condense, to avoid rusting.
- Heat protection – the coating of some motorcycle covers is heat resistant. It would be best if you waited for the engines to cool down before you can put on your cover, as you run the risk of the cover melting. With a heat resistant cover, you need not worry about this.
- Sun/UV protection – many covers come with sun/UV protection that prevents your vehicle’s paint from fading.
- Vents – some covers are enabled with vents to provide waterproof protection while allowing air circulation to prevent rusting.
- Some covers come with grommets that can be used to tie or chain your motorcycle to its cover, preventing the cover from flying off if it’s too windy.
- Portability – most covers do not come with all the features mentioned above. The ones that have most of them tend to be heavier than others. If you are traveling on your motorcycle and will find it challenging to carry more massive covers, opt for half covers rather than full-size covers.
Prices For Motorcycle Covers:
The prices for motorcycle covers have a vast range. Of course, the higher the price, the better the quality. The ones costing less than $20 are the ones that are less durable and have fewer features. Those ranging between $20 and $50 are better quality. Towards the higher side of this range, you can even find covers enabled with heat protection and vents. From $50 up to $100, you get the best motorcycle covers. These have UV protection, and all the other features mentioned before.
Motorcycle Covers For You:
Dowco Guardian Weatherall Plus Indoor/Outdoor Motorcycle Cover:
The Dowco cover, being amongst the top brands for motorcycle cover, is Uv as well as heat resistant, it has vents, is waterproof, breathable, and even comes with a warranty. These motorcycle cover come in large sizes, but its only negative point is that it is heavy and not easy storable.
Nazari Premium Heavy Duty Outdoor Motorcycle Cover:
It has all of the features mentioned before. Aside from these, it also has reflective strips so that it can be seen in the dark. The size of the cover ranges from medium to XXL and is even enabled with vents. The only complaint that customers have with this motorcycle cover is that the colors it comes in may fade over time.
XYZCTEM Motorcycle Cover – All Season Waterproof Outdoor Protection:
The XYZCTEM cover is used by most bikes around the world, such as bikes built by Yamaha, Kawasaki, Harley Davidson, etc. It is easy t carry due to its lightweight. It is relatively less durable than the Nuzari motorcycle cover and comes in smaller sizes; however, while it lasts, it does its job very well. It is made of nylon and is UV resistant.